Robert Gibbons major research interests are in the areas of biostatistics, environmental statistics, and psychometrics.
- Development of linear and non-linear mixed effects regression models for analysis of continuous and discrete longitudinal data.
- Statistical methods for analysis of environmental monitoring data.
- Inter-laboratory calibration.
- Statistical methods for the analysis of functional magnetic imaging data.
- Item response theory and computerized adaptive testing.
- Statistical methods in pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety.